Wednesday, August 20, 2008

thirty, flirty & thriving

On 8-8-8 I turned 30. Joey took me to dinner and a movie and threw a surprise party for me (with the 3 people we know in Memphis.) He even arranged a huge party in Beijing that we got to watch on tv. He's pretty nice I guess.





Luke in the bath tub and playing in the warm laundry. What a clown.





The grand opening of the Katie/Lezlie waterpark!!



8 comments:

Amber said...

Happy belated Birthday Katie! The cake looks really yummy. Too bad we weren't in Memphis to celebrate with you. Hope you had a good birthday though.

Deon said...

OH my gosh! Happy BDAY! woo hoo - 30. You are old. So, um, yea is that water park for the kids or the MOMS????

Holly said...

OH, Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember my email birthday reminders? They went to my SPAM!!!! I totally forgot about your birthday!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!! I am so glad that Joey did something so fun for you. The big 3 0 !!! Yay!!! By the way, I thought that Luke was at a cuteness maximum the last time I saw him but I was wrong, he is even cuter now!!!!

Meemer said...

wow. your OOOOLLLLDDD!! happy birfday deary. and the water parks looks great!

The Happy Lees said...

Happy freakin' birthday! 30 is the essence of "fat n' popular!" Jode and I are just about there (only 2 weeks for me). I can't wait to get fatter and more popular....
Sounds like life is good in Tennessee. We need to have a big valley shin dig next time you guys are in town. I'm sure Spicker could hook you up with some buddy passes. He and his wife just went to Hawaii. We were going to go but thought we'd been on too many trips this summer. Robert and Noelle went...have you met Robert's wife? They are fun friends...ok, got to cruise, so talk to you later.

Christie said...

Happy Birthday Katie, I am actually suprised to hear that you are thirty! You don't look a day over 24 :-) Looks like a great water park!!!

Starley Family said...

I love your celebrations!!! Happy Birthday! And wow what a waterpark! That looks like such fun in the bath waterpark too! Luke is going to give Nate's bath photo a serious upstage.

Rachel said...

30 is the new 20 right? your hot mama!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed