Wednesday, August 20, 2008

3 biggies

This is definitely a week of big purchases for the Hale family - a house, a car and random garage organizing stuff. wow. It's a little hard to swallow, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

#1 - Ok, number one in important news is very, very exciting and relieving. WE ACTUALLY CLOSED ON OUR HOUSE!! As most of you know, this has been an extremely aggravating and lengthy experience. We made an offer on this house in May and got "pre-approved" but didn't close until today - 3 months later. (ps and I just realized that we closed on our Maryland house on Aug 20th 4 years ago ***twilight zone music***) Anyway, we went out to eat last night to celebrate - it is so great to have that done! Now maybe we get the lock box off our front door.

#2 - You know you are a boring grown up when an organized garage is the most exciting thing you have to talk about. A week ago our garage was covered in layers of boxes and suitcases with everything strewn all over and we could barely fit our one car in there. But Joey left for North Carolina on a business trip and I cleaned up the garage to surprise him. (with some help from Clint). I got shelves, racks, hooks, peg board and we even made a work bench. It was a great surprise and just in time for a NEW CAR!



#3 - We finally got a second car. This is really exciting for me because I will actually be able to leave the house during the day. It's a 2004 Toyota Corolla and I hope that it gets as good as gas mileage as we're planning on because that is kinda why we bought it. We bought it on Saturday and so far it has been a really reliable car. :-)



oh and ps - Luke is 8 months old TODAY! Happy 8 months old day Luke.

12 comments:

Meemer said...

good things come in 3! nice car. i remember the day vividly that we got a second car. it was pure heaven. i think i left home 10 times because i COULD. nothing like a little freedom!

Tristina said...

Congrats!! So great about the house and the car. And I think you get the wife of the year award for organizing the garage to surprise Joes.

So I miss you like crazy!! We need to catch up!!

kate said...

ooh that garage fills me with great happiness for you. you are such a nice wife! yay about the house! we may be closing this week as well. hopey hopey!

Katie B. said...

Oh! I want a Toyota Corolla! Jealous...

Congratulations on closing on your house!

Zach and Nikky said...

Hey! I'm glad that you finally commented on my blog so I could find yours! Looks like you had a very fun birthday also! YAY! Congrats on closing on the house and the new car. We have a corolla and we absolutely love it! -Nikky

AJ said...

Those are some biggies. Congrats! Hey, Jayne and I are in the very beginnings of house hunting. What advice can you impart? When should we get approved for a loan and such?

Michelle said...

glad to hear things are falling in to place for you guys! Sorry I had to leave so abruptly and didn't even get to see you again! We're getting settled in College Park. Oh, and about your post about the great walk outside with the lake and nice neighbors: if you want to see more sloppy neighborhoods, go closer to downtown--you can go to our old one! But you are right about the people there. Isn't it a refreshing change to have friendly strangers all around? I'm happy to hear that you're loving life there!

Starley Family said...

Psh, I think you just wiggled your nose for a little Bewitched magic. Well done, Katie. Now come help me with my kitchen. Lol, Stace

Weavers said...

3 days and your car is still running? Where did you find that steal?!? We miss our Hales. Congrats on your amazing garage! Our goal was to never have a messy garage. Maybe when we actually own some stuff we'll hire you to organize it.

Trisha said...

Ka ka ka katie! happy 30th kates. i was also celebrating with the world on your birthday, and i don't mean to brag, but i did have something to do with it being on your birthday... thank me later.
happy happy happy birthday kid. 30 is WAY better than 29 and 28, although 27 was pretty hard to top. oh well. send a shout out when you're not too busy reading your fan mail. i love you. you are a HUMAN BEING.

victoria said...

Yay for the house! Yay for the car! And I must be a really boring adult, because I am drooling over your organized garage. Maybe that's because I am currently surrounded by bags and boxes of stuff. I dream of order! I'm sure Joey loved that surprise. We miss you!

Melanie said...

Congrats on all the excitement! Maybe I'm a complete nerd, but I notice behind your nice new car that you have absolutely beautiful grass - I'm impressed!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed