Monday, April 14, 2008

1971

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD!!!!

These two have been married now for 37 years. They met at Weber State when my mom needed a ride home and her friend pawned her off on my dad saying "I know a guy who will do anything for food" (still true). So, he took her home and she gave him some homemade stew. When she found out he was an artist she showed him a caricature that an artist had done of her. He said it was crap and she challenged him to do better. He turned it over and started to draw her. After a few minutes he threw down his pencil and said "I can't draw you, your face is crooked." Ahhh... sweet, romantic dad. Really, they are a great couple and as I got to spend time with them last month when I was home I realized the years have only made this marriage sweeter and better. happy anniversary guys!

4 comments:

The Gainors said...

lady- i read your blog all the time too. when and where are you guys moving? no i didn't go to the reunion- karisa and i talked about it and decided there probably wouldn't be anybody "good" there. plus it might be awkward for her with all of the elders that she dated and all.(: email me.

kate said...

we like them too! yay for marriage!

Starley Family said...

Congrats to the Songers!

Kyle said...

What a great couple. We have always looked up to them. I love the cute little story about how they met!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed