Friday, September 25, 2015

Hale Family Reunion at the Ranch

 Torrey Disc Golfing

I love the blue sky against the red sand and cliffs. 



Hike #1 Upper Calf Creek





Here are some jumpers and sliders.    Joey's aerial, Lissa sliding, Luke, Lucy, Maryanne and I "sliding" and then the last clip is of Maryanne falling asleep in the midst of singing  "Party in the USA". 

Hike #2  Lower Calf Creek

This is the first time I have done this hike.  It was a little over 6 miles round trip and so it was a lot of walking.  Very fitting since it was also Pioneer day. 

My kids got very excited about this catcus

Anderson and Lissa took turns carrying Freddy and sometimes Maryanne.  They were so awesome.
 



We made it!  It was so beautiful... and SO cold!

Lissa, I'm sure, clocked the most time actually spent in the (freezing cold!) water.  She's a determined fun-haver.  Second runner up would be Mike Malmborg.  


  





Hanging out at the Ranch

Our first morning there, Harrison and Freddy met for a brief moment before Katie and Colton had to leave.  I really wish we got to spend more time with them because I really like them. 
ahhh, the coveted tramp sleepover
Cole spending time playing catch with Freddy

Oh and I should probably document our "Pie n' Beer Day" celebration.  We bought a bunch of different kinds of Root Beer and did a blind taste test.  I think A&W won.  And we made homemade pizza pies.  It was a fun night.  

and... last and most certainly least.  Terrible toilet trouble.  And the good folks who spent hours fixing it.


Oh, but we can't end this post with toilet pictures.  How about a lovely song from Lucy and Lissa...

This melts my heart.

Oh cousins.  It's so wonderful to see all my nieces and nephews grow up into these amazing people who care for and are such great examples to their little cousins.   Love the ranch!!  Love this family!!!


7 comments:

kate said...

This made me so happy! I love the ranch so much. The videos were especially awesome, they made me feel like I was right there. Lucy sounded so sweet singing with Lissa...she's going places.

J to the oey said...

Love the pics, stories and videos. Especially love the ukelele one.

edith said...

Awesome recap. So much happens while we are at the ranch, it's good to see what other people did that I wasn't aware of.
That Lucy, she's got singing chops.

Jenny said...

Sure loved that Maryanne sung her own self to sleep.

Robin said...

Oh that Lucy!! She has such a sweet little voice. I have rewatched that song dozens of times. I'm so glad you were able to be with family.

Robin said...

Oh that Lucy!! She has such a sweet little voice. I have rewatched that song dozens of times. I'm so glad you were able to be with family.

Lisa said...

Calf creek falls is awesome! I haven't taken our family there yet, but my Mom took my family when I was younger and I remember how fun it was to hike up, swim and play in the stream on the way back down. You guys have always been so adventuresome.
I'm so happy we were able to see you at Stacey's this summer - right? or am I having a brain moment. We'll pretend I did see you!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed