Wednesday, June 10, 2015

an oldie but a goodie

My good friend all through jr. high, high school and college came for a visit - I think it was the second week of April sometime.  Isn't it so fun to see people that you grew up with as grown-ups?  I loved watching Hailey with her kids and her husband and hear all her ideas about education and parenting.   It seems like all my friends from younger years are kinda super-star adults.  And I love to watch them in action.

She was only here for one day and two nights.  We mostly just hung out at home and at the park with a quick stop at the temple on the way

her three and my three



Lucy really took to 10-year-old Harriet and has been drawing pictures and mailing them to her.  She's a big fan.  I think her guitar playing won her over.   And when she was able to play Lucy's self-written hit "You can do it yeah" - forgetabouit.  She was over the moon.  Harriet is a cool kid.  Hanging out with these free-spirited people made me want to home school.  They are all so interesting and cool.


I wish I had a recording of Mark playing and singing all my favorite songs from college.  We all used to just listen to him and wonder at his charm. All those funny songs brought back good college memories.  Loved this visit!  What a great family.

[Sheri Bate came the same day Hailey left!  She came for book club as a surprise guest and it was a blast.  She had the next day and most of the day I was distracted with busyness and kids and so finally I called a baby-sitter and we went on a date just the two of us to Olive Garden.   It was great to be able to really talk to her for solid hours with no interruptions.  Our conversations for the past 7 years are always interesting and engaging but always riddled with interruptions.  So, it was a dream come true.  Sadly I did not take a single picture,  But it was such a wonderful visit.]

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love that Hailey girl!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed