It's the hap-happiest season of ALL...
there's ornament gazing and cookies for glazing and sleeping neath trees all a glow. There's Christmas clothes wearing and Christmas card bearing and Bethlehem long time ago. It's the most wonderful time of the year. with christmas eve jammies and kid-playing debbies and gifts bringing CHEER. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Ornament gazing
and cookies for glazing and sleeping neath trees all a glow
Christmas eve eve eve family sleepover - frosted cookies & watched Frosty the Snowman
Christmas clothes wearing
My kids rarely look assembled for church - let alone match. It had to be documented.
Window down on the way home from church
and Christmas card bearing
Lucy was my buddy this year and decorated the fronts of the letters. And loved stamping and mailing them. Our heat was out and one of my favorite moments was an entire evening doing holiday cards in front of the fire with my Lucyloo.
and Bethlehem a long time ago
A kate-planned ward activity (you know those are the best kind) A Night in Bethlehem. It was a very special, spiritual evening.
christmas eve jammies
my mom sent us pajamas for the kids
sisters wearing sisters
kid-playing debbie
So, one of the fun things this Christmas was we had Sister Long stay with us for a little while. She was so fun with my kids. And we got along great. We had a few moments where we realized we were kindred spirits. One of them was when we were talking about the weather and how it was supposed to be sunny that day but maybe it would be tomorrow and at the exact same moment both belted out Annie "the sun will come out tomorrow!"
![]() |
| playing puppets with Maryanne |
gifts bringing CHEER
my favorite moments Christmas morning:
-- Jingle Bell march
(marching around following daddy to every corner of the house before opening presents)
-- Joey's excitement over his taco bell phone case. :)
--joey showing sister long the ropes on her new tablet
--Luke bought me a ring from his school store with his own money. So so sweet.
--watching Lucy on her new balance bike
--Maryanne totally Elsa-ed up
--Freddy in his one and only Christmas present. A homemade hat from his dear cousins Meredith and Chloe. --and Lucy with the new magna-tiles
a little clip of christmas morning
And keeping with tradition - we saw a movie Christmas night. I feel like some of the best movies are our Christmas movies. We saw Frozen last year and Les Miserables the year before that. This year we saw ...
The movie and Christmas 2014 get two enthusiastic thumbs up.
[ insert on December 22, 2015. The reason you don't see any Christmas Eve pictures is because I was too sick to go. Joey took the kids to Kate's and they did the whole thing but I wasn't there. Kate reminded me that I was sick last year and I hardly remember it. I came here to see if I had documented it but didn't. So - that was a thing. There you have it.]




















11 comments:
I really loved our holidays this year our kids are really a fun age for it now and we didn't put off all the shopping and wrapping til the last minute like last year.
I love the matching clothes!
That Christmas Back to Bethlehem looked awesome. I can't believe how much work that must have taken.
Let's talk about your artsy fartsy pictures. And how skinny you are. And how cute your kids are, and how much we love Freddy. And the good job you did making Christmas magical...
Let's talk about your artsy fartsy pictures. And how skinny you are. And how cute your kids are, and how much we love Freddy. And the good job you did making Christmas magical...
Yay! I love your effusive posts! so many pictures and happiness pouring out so the rest of us feel like we are there! I love your cute faces! happy events!
We seldom turn off our computer. But I rebooted this morning and your FIVE latest blog posts popped up! Grandma is still asleep so I just savored each one. It has been a marvelous Monday morning. Such cute grandkids AND a very creative daughter with a fun supportive husband. The perfect combination.
You guys know how to do holidays.
Oh, and I can hear some back story on the picture with Maryanne holding money and Lucy looking funny angry about something?
Ha ha, the back story is that they are just posing and Lucy is a weirdo poser. :-) The money is from grandma and it came with the jammies so she happened to be holding it. I wish it was a more interesting back story. But I love that picture for some reason. It's everyone's personalities.
I missed this before. And I miss you guys before and after!!
Love, love, love seeing your Christmas adventures! Such cute kiddos you have! We love them all the way from Tokyo. Miss you and love you guys!!
Post a Comment