Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Just keep swimming

Back to Ms. Carolyn this year.  But this time with Lucy and Maryanne. 
It was supposed to be Luke and Lucy but Luke was off partying in Florida so I put Maryanne in his place.  I was glad because she is one who will just jump in the deep end and wait to be rescued.  Scary!  We had to pull her out of the pool 4 times the first couple weeks of summer.
She was a little young though I think.  I was surprised how scared she was.  And sad.  She was never traumatized by almost drowning but was very afraid of swim lessons.  hmmm.  There was a lot of crying the first 3 days and it broke my heart.  It's so unlike her.  But I would try to just hide behind plants and stuff so that she would just do it. :) 
By the last week she was doing everything with no crying and her bravery of water came in handy as her face was dunked over and over and it was no problem.






Lucy did great and in two weeks learned to swim!!

  




PS - bad idea to do swim lessons that are 30 minutes away every day for 2 weeks when your baby is one month old and doesn't like his car seat.  It was a painful 2 weeks. 

6 comments:

shauna said...

Your post about aiden and luke was cute.
I met someone out here who knew you. Melanie something who rented your house during dental school. They are in grants pass which is 30 mins from us. I just wanted you to know that if ever you come this way to visit old friends PLEASE put me on your list. I would be so sad to hear that you visited friends in Oregon and I didn't get a chance to see you. I'm going to Time Out For Women next month with old friends from high school but I keep thinking there is no way it will be as fun as our all-nighter!

Katie said...

Melanie Anderson! How fun that you guys met. Yes, I will definitely come visit you if I come to Oregon! And jump right on your bed and snuggle with you. I loved that funny funny night. Every once and a while it's fun to act 10 when you are in your 30's.

Clint C. said...

What a treasure that teacher is! Amazing! I've never had my kids actually learn to swim through swimming lessons. She's tough and effective!

kate said...

Brave, brave Maryanne! She'll be the best swimmer of them all next summer. And Lucy is now quite the little fish. Oh Ms. Caroline...sweet, but terrifying.

Lindsay said...

Willa was looking at your blog with me today. She loved seeing the video of Lucy and Maryanne swimming. She was proud of them. I always sign my kids up for swim lessons and then sort of regret it. It is such a time commitment. But then at the end of the weeks, I feel so emotional and proud. Silly momma I am.

PS
We moved to Great Falls, MT. So if you ever go to Glacier, you have to come visit. We live 2.5 hrs from the East side of the park. Or if you ever move back to UT, we can actually visit each other. That would be fun!

olderockhouse said...

Poor you and Frederick! Happy girls though and much safer. I love that they are learning so young! Now you won't stress as much when you come to swim! Can't wait for you to move here, but hope you stay there with Kate till they move on!!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed