I taught the thanksgiving preschool and it was so fun. I dug up the old Janeen Brady tapes and found the one on Gratitude. Did anyone else grow up on these? It was so great to listen to these songs and stories and be transported back to my childhood. My kids have been singing "Think about a thank you" and "Gratitude Attitude" for weeks now. Although, one of Lucy's favorites is the ingrate, Mr. Rabbit's song and she sings it over and over in her mean rabbit voice - "I never say thank you, don't even know how..." But they really have been saying lots of thank yous and then saying "oh, I have a gratitude attitude!" So for preschool we listened to this tape and then we also made individual mini pumpkin pies from scratch. Luke was off school so he joined us. They made the dough from scratch and did everything themselves with just a little help from me.
We had Thanksgiving at the Wilsons and it was one of our favorites ever. Everything tasted amazing and the adults played games while the kids played upstairs. AND Juli was there!!! Maryanne got to meet her Aunt Juli for the first time.
The food I brought this year was rainbow jello, a red pear pomegranate salad, apple pie and sweet potatoes. Joey can tell you how much fun I had making the rainbow jello. It was my first time and let me tell you, it is so satisfying to add each layer and watch it get prettier and prettier. I was really sad when I was done. :) And I've made lots of apple pies but this was my first lattice top and it was surprisingly easy....as pie. And the salad is something I sort of made up. Just took what I liked from 3 different recipes.
Kate was a lovely hostess. Her house is perfect for such an occasion. We had so much amazing food. I'm pretty sure we had a pie per person - which Caleb said is the only way to go. It was the Wilsons, us, the Woods, the Bates and Juli.
Kate made the kids all artistic place mats and had two kid tables.


3 comments:
Your rainbow jello is soooo pretty! Especially with a dollop of whipped cream on top. g'mH
oh my! i forgot how pretty and perfect your pie was! i love the picture you got of your jello, too. and the ones of MA and Juli! so sweet. what a perfect day it was.
Thank you for blogging! I love and miss you and Joey and Luke and Lucy and Maryanne! And that pie is a thing of beauty and is the jello. You have way more patience that I.
Post a Comment